At Carolina Mountain Realty, we are happy to offer Vacation Rentals!
Burnsville, NC is located in the “Heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains” north east of Asheville, NC; one of the best kept secrets in Western North Carolina! Planning your visit is easy with great area attractions close by such as Mt. Mitchell State Park, Blue Ridge Parkway, white water rafting, hiking, world renowned arts & crafts culture and more!
All vacation rental properties are smoke-free and subject to a three day minimum stay. Please refer to our Vacation Rental Policy information listed below for more information. A printable version is available here: Printable Vacation Rental Policy.
Check out our vacation rentals and call to plan your mountain get-a-way today!
CHECK IN TIME: 3:00 PM CHECK OUT TIME: 10:00 AM
Our office hours: Mon-Fri 9:00 am-5:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am -3:00 pm and Closed Sunday
Carolina Mountain Realty, Inc hopes you enjoy your stay here in the mountains. The properties have been inspected prior to your arrival. We have compiled an information list following which will give you an overview of policies concerning rental units. We hope this answers most of your questions or concerns regarding rentals with CMR. Please read over the rules and regulations for rentals and this general information list for your convenience. If you have further questions or special needs, please contact us and we will try to be of assistance.
Carolina Mountain Realty, Inc is employed by and represents the individual property owner.
Emergency – Call 911 — Most units have an emergency list of numbers posted in the kitchen.
- Once you make a reservation, you will be mailed a rental agreement. You are required to sign and return the rental agreement with the 50% deposit within (15) fifteen days of making the reservation. If Rental Agreement is not returned and signed within (15) fifteen days the reservation will be cancelled automatically. The remaining balance of the rental, including applicable taxes must be received in full by CMR thirty (30) thirty days prior to check-in date. All payments must be made by personal, travelers, or bank check, cash or money order; WE DO NOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS OR DEBIT CARDS. Reservations made within 30 days of arrival must be paid in full by certified funds.
- The person making the reservation must be at least 21 years of age with valid ID at check-in.
- The person signing the rental agreement is responsible for all members of their party and will be held accountable for any damages or noncompliance of rules.
- In no event shall tenant assign or sublet the rental property in whole or part. Violations of these rules are grounds for expedited eviction, with no refund.
- “No Shows” will forfeit all deposits.
- If you need to cancel your reservation please do so in writing immediately. No refunds will be made until your unit is re-rented and confirmed for the time of your reservation. Your advance rent payment will then be refunded, less a cancellation fee of $50.00. If the unit is not re-rented your advance rent payment is forfeited.
- No Refunds will be given due to early check outs, fear of heights, weather or road conditions, utility outages, pest control issues, maintenance issues or dislike of home furnishing.
- Absolutely NO reduction in the number of nights will be allowed upon arrival. Any changes to your reservations must be made at least 72 hours BEFORE your scheduled arrival date.
- Check in is at 3:00 pm. If you would like to check in earlier, pre-approval is required if unit is available. Otherwise, there will be no early check-in.
- Please call the office for after hour’s check-ins. Guests assume all risk for “late arrival”. There is no charge for late check-ins unless management is called back out to the office to assist guest.
- Balances are due prior to or upon check in. No personal or business checks will be accepted at check in. No keys will be released until balance is paid in full.
- Keys are to be picked up at time of Check In.
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Occupancy of the property is limited to families only and each home capacity is listed in the number the unit sleeps, any overcrowding will result in eviction and loss of rental.
- NO house parties will be tolerated. Occupancy will be terminated immediately if considered to endanger or be detrimental to the property WITHOUT REFUND.
- All homes are privately owned and furnished to owner’s preference. Do not rearrange furniture or decorations. DO NOT take any furniture outside. You are responsible for leaving home damage free and in acceptable condition.
- All homes do not have telephones. In the homes that do have telephones, these are provided for local calls only and no toll charges are to be made on these phones. When making long distance calls please use your phone card or cell phone. There are to be no charges added to unit phones.
- Several units have locked owner closets, storage room or garage which is for their personal items. Please respect these areas which are not intended for tenant use.
- All units are NONSMOKING. You may smoke outside, but you must properly dispose of your cigarette butts. DO NOT THROW CIGARETTE BUTTS IN THE YARD OR SURROUNDING WOODS.
- NO OUTSIDE FIRES are permitted except in the grill.
- NO pets shall be permitted on the property unless specifically provided for in the rental.
- Contact the office IMMEDIATELY if you encounter any maintenance or equipment problems. DO NOT attempt to fix it yourself or you will be charged for any damage incurred. We will make every effort to correct any problems or have repairs made as soon as possible.
- We reserve the right to relocate reservations due to maintenance issues.
- If you need extra services for cleaning, please make prior arrangements. These are available at extra fee.
- ALL towels, washcloths and kitchen linen should be washed and dried prior to departure. (If you plan an early departure you may wish to bring the linens you will require for departure morning.)
- Strip the beds of ALL dirty linens and place in a pile at the foot of the bed.
- Place ALL dirty dishes in the dishwasher and turn on. If the unit does not have a dishwasher, hand wash ALL dirty dishes and leave in the dish drainer (including coffee pot and strainer).
- Range – please make sure the range and oven are clean.
- Refrigerator – Remove all food, clean interior and exterior surfaces.
- If grill or fireplace has been used, tenant is responsible to remove all ashes and dispose of properly.
- If you unhook the cable wires from TV’s to hook up game stations, replace these wires. If this is not done, there will be a $25 charge per TV.
- It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to dispose of trash. There is no trash pickup in the Yancey County area, however, there are Convenience Centers located at four sites in the county which must be passed in most cases when going through or leaving town. A map is available with these locations marked for your convenience. The hours of operation are 7:00 A.M. until 7:00 P.M. Monday through Saturday.
- During the SUMMER months, leave AC on 75º. During WINTER months, leave heat on 55º.
- Inspect home to make sure you have taken all of your belongings. We are NOT responsible for any items left in the unit.
- Lock ALL doors and windows.
- CHECK-OUT is at 10:00 am.
- ALL keys are to be returned to the office. Up to two sets of keys will be issued to tenant at check-in. There will be a $25 charge for each key not returned.
We hope you have a wonderful mountain vacation. Please contact us if we can be of help during your stay.